Enjoying a Boxerwood Visit
- We want visitors to Boxerwood to enjoy a tranquil and nurturing experience. Please keep this simple idea in mind as you walk through the Garden.
- Maintain constant supervision of children and pets.
- No dogs except for Service dogs are allowed on the Play Trail.
- Dogs are allowed throughout the remainder of the Gardens.
- Please use No Trace Practices - Leave nature as you find it. Take only pictures, and leave only footprints.
- in the large parking lot at the entrance to Boxerwood, take care not to block other patrons. Handicap parking is next to the Munger Lodge.
We recommend that you wear appropriate shoes for easy hiking, as there are no paved walking surfaces in the Garden. There is limited handicapped access to some areas.
The Play Trail: -- This imaginative wonderland is intended for our youngest visitors aged 7 and younger. If you do bring older siblings, please be sure that the youngest visitors' activities take precedence in this area.
Birthday Parties: Boxerwood member families may schedule birthday party celebrations on the Play Trail with at least two weeks advance notification. The Timber Framed Pavillion next to the entrance of the Play Trail can be reserved for food and beverages. There is no fee. To schedule a child’s birthday party, please call Boxerwood (463-2697) or send an email to email@example.com. Non-member families must first join Boxerwood before requesting permission to schedule a birthday celebration on the Play Trail or in the gardens.
Groups: To avoid conflict with our many scheduled education programs, organized groups of more than 10 should contact Boxerwood to schedule your visit. Please call at (540)463-2697 for arrangements.